Sunday, March 18, 2012

Review:maybelline eyeshadow duo in Browntones

  
  •  A couple of weeks ago at Target I stumbled upon the collection of Maybelline eyeshadow duos.. all the other colors were great but this one stood out to me the most. Its the Maybelline Chic Naturals duo in  7D Browntones. I bought it for about 5 dollars which is pretty cheap! Its really amazing, I've been wearing it for over a  week now non-stop!




                                                          maybelline 70D Browntones


  • The first shade is a couple shades darker than my skin tone {which is a mac NC25} and it a perfect every day all over lid color. Its almost an exact dupe to Urban Decay naked! I also heard it was a close dupe for mac omega. Its mostly matte when applied to skin which is always a plus if your not much of a sparkle person.



                                                    pretty pigmented if you ask me :) <- dorky smile
                                                           Urban decay naked dupe


  • The second color is just your everyday brown, with a matte finish when applied. I  found that its a nice crease and lower lash line color. I've also found it to be a great eyebrow filler,so its very versatile.The thing about this duo is that the 2 colors are so simple that you probably already have one just like it in your own makeup collection . In fact I found the darkest one to be a close dupe for Urban Decay Buck {buck is slightly warmer though}.

                                                            2nd color swatch
                                               See Buck is kind of a warmer-caramel color



Over all the colors are nice and neutral.The only downfall is that you might already have colors similar to this,but if you love these colors, the more the better right!  The texture is nice and butter-like, its one of my favorites and if I were a teacher I would grade this duo an ha ha!.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog and following me! I love your blog and of course I will follow you!

    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) You have a lovely post and blog, Ive followed! It would be great if you followed back!

    http://blackhairbarbie.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete